Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

annoying toys

(7 Posts)
hexleincrush Mon 13-Jun-11 02:35:57

hello
are there some other mothers they hate battery operatet toys
which kind of annoying children's toys you would smash with a hammer ?
have you ever smashed a irritating child's toy

ramblingmum Mon 13-Jun-11 12:29:33

I did sit on dds toy keyboard. It was an accident as she had left it under a cushion on the sofa, but my husband will not belive me

mrsmusic Mon 13-Jun-11 14:50:40

MIL announced this morning that she's got our 2 year old dd an electric car for her birthday. I already feel the need to smash it up - always has to be one much much bigger and better with them. We were thinking of getting her something to the value of around £25 - not being tight; we just do birthdays a lot less than Christmas. Rrrrr! Rant over.

SlightlyScrambled Mon 13-Jun-11 15:11:40

Battery operated toys drive me mad too. Saw a great tip on here once about putting some Sellotape over the speakers and worked a treat for damping the noise.

I have graciously accepted them on DDs behalf but would never buy them myself. And I won't be replacing the batteries.

FairyArmadillo Mon 13-Jun-11 15:16:40

I have just put DS's Peppa Pig guitar and keyboard in the cupboard. Please, for the love of your friends/relatives, do NOT give this to their kids as a gift. If DS didn't love it so much I'd happily take it out with the trash.

Mummyloveskisses Mon 13-Jun-11 20:09:21

LOL..... I must be weird then, I don't mind the noisy stuff and always replace batteries.... grin

At least if they are playing with them they are happy.... toy sounds are more pleasant than screaming tantrums, not that my DC have those more than 12 times a day grin

Swangirl Mon 13-Jun-11 20:42:02

Alphabet pal we had it for my DD Regrettably she loved the annoying toy for months one day it slipped into the charity shop bag. So it could annoy someone else
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBVupntfKH0&feature=related

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: