Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

routine

(6 Posts)
joannew26 Sat 11-Jun-11 19:10:23

Just wanted to know if anyone had their 5 month old baby into a routine and if so how and what is it?

As i haven't, i just tend to my baby needs as and when. Also it hard to try a routine as she is teething aswell.

I appreciate anyone input and advice smile

Makeminealarge Sat 11-Jun-11 19:21:49

hey, yep had my baby in a routine by three months! HV advised us to get a routine (esp for bed) in place as soon as LO was born. So even if she got up half hour later etc we would follow the same bed time routine every night in the same order and only adjusted the time she went to bed as she grew up and stayed up later.

Our daily routine hasnt really changed since and LO is now a year old and knows exactly when bed time is and has slept through the night since she was three months.

So far its up at 6.30am..bottle
8am breakfast
9.30 am nap with another bottle(she usually naps for up to two hours!)
1pm lunch
3pm snack
5pm dinner
5.45pm bath
6pm in her room getting changed for bed with curtains closed, lights out etc 'quiet' time with a cuddle and her final bottle (which all happens in her room) then just before she nods off straight after bottle she is put in her bed. Over time she has taught herself to go to sleep.

Only occasionally has she got up during the night i.e if she was teething etc. But we follow the same routine no matter what (even if she was staying at her grandparents).

teething has always thrown the routine out the window, so i wouldnt worry about it too much at the moment. Hope this helps?xx

roundandroundincircles Sat 11-Jun-11 19:26:59

My routine is practically identical to makeminealarge except we have a feed a 11pm.

DD falls asleep by herself 99% of the time now.

Haven't hit teething yet so may all go a bit tits up!!!

Snarfle Sat 11-Jun-11 19:49:48

Hi My ds is 4 months and we feed at 7am and then every three hours after that with bedtime feed at 7pm (dreamfeed at about 10.15pm). We roughly follow the EASY routine. Bedtime is bath and then feed in bedroom in dark and quiet. My ds never self settles yet.
hth

joannew26 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:57:57

Snarfle how much does he sleep during the day

Snarfle Sat 11-Jun-11 21:17:52

He usually naps between 2.5 hrs and 4.5 hrs. He still only naps when being held and out in his pram so if we're out and about he gets less sleep than when we're in the house.
hth

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: