Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

support network for parent of adoptee going through tough time

(3 Posts)
Bronte Sat 11-Jun-11 17:50:06

My sister who lives near paris is experiencing horrendous problems with her 13 year old son, adopted as a 5 year old from madagascar.
He exhibits all the usual rebellious teenager symptoms but with added ferocity. He attends school intermittently, would stay awake for most of the night playing computer games, or go off on his bike in the middle of the night. He has broken doors and windows when his parents have tried to oppose him and once tried to physiically hurt his dad.
He has an older 'brother', 18 years, also from madagascar, who gave them no problem. He was adopted as a 3 year old.
They have had some contact with a psychiatrist and a social worker but there seems to be no regular counselling which would help them find a way of coping. Stephane, ( the adoptee) refuses to go to meet any official with them anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas or contacts my sister can make?

psiloveyou Sat 11-Jun-11 18:16:48

Hi Bronte I have adopted but she is only 4 so no issues just yet. I would suggest you post this on the adoption board. There are some fantastic posters on there, some who have also adopted from abroad. I'm sure they will be able to give you some advice.

Bronte Sat 11-Jun-11 18:48:39

Thank you.. have just discovered the adoption board!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: