Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

DD 'misplaced' dummy so going cold turkey. Bottle as well??

(3 Posts)
RueLaChesty Sat 11-Jun-11 17:00:07

DD2 is 14mo, she has left her dummy in the car this morning and we've avoided it since. She asked for it once and i just said no so off she went.

So tonight i'm going cold turkey, but she still gets a bottle at night and i don't want her trying to use that as a comfort. Just now she drinks her bottle downstairs and goes to bed awake and settles fine.

So should i go for bottle too or is it too much?

seeker Sat 11-Jun-11 17:04:02

Too much.

Why don;t you want her using a bottle as comfort?

RueLaChesty Sat 11-Jun-11 17:30:15

DD1 used her bottle to get to sleep, it was a nightmare and even now she doesn't settle to sleep well (2.8yo).

i kind of thought that the bottle was too much, so we'll just see how she goes with no dummy. I just don't want her replacing the dummy with something else to go to sleep and would rather she settled herself.

i will get the dummy from the car just in case and if we succeed then i'll try the bottle in a few months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: