Talk

Advanced search

Best things about being a parent?

(4 Posts)
tortoisefairy Thu 09-Jun-11 16:03:43

Hi DS1 (5) is just recovering from sickness bug.

The thought occurred to me that one of my favorite things about being a parent is when they start to get better and re-join the real world.

For instance he has just asked for something to eat and asked when we are going on holiday to the beach after only being able to lie down and cry for the past 2 days.

I love being the one who makes it all better.
What do you love about being a parent?

mamsnet Thu 09-Jun-11 19:10:56

Agree with you there.. DS was ill yesterday and only wanted me. It was very special to be able to make it all ok..

sweetuphoria Thu 09-Jun-11 19:38:41

I think the best thing about being a parent is the way you feel about your DC's, sometimes I look at my DD and could just cry I love her so much smile

matana Thu 09-Jun-11 19:59:24

Yup - the love i have for my DS is like nothing i could ever imagine prior to having him. It's all consuming and completely overwhelming, there is nothing i wouldn't do for him. His smile (the special one he has for me and his daddy when he sees us first thing in the morning) is the best thing in the world and makes every day worth getting up for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now