Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Require bottles that don't leak!

(15 Posts)
CJ2010 Thu 09-Jun-11 10:38:36

Hi all - can you please recommend a brand of bottle that doesn't leak! I'm currently using philips Avent bottles and I keep getting showrred in milk! First of all I thought it was me not screwing the lids on properly but DP and Mum have put them on and we are still having problems!

So, I've now given up on them! Which brands do you rate? Thanks.

thesurgeonsmate Thu 09-Jun-11 10:41:25

I had this trouble. There's a little ring thing that needs to go in when you're assembling them - have you been putting in the little ring thing?

ninedragons Thu 09-Jun-11 10:46:48

Aha! I know the solution for this!

Pigeon brand large teats fit the Avent bottles better than the Avent teats do.

I didn't want to replace all the bottles but buying an extra set of teats sorted out the problem completely.

CJ2010 Thu 09-Jun-11 11:25:07

Surgeon- yes I have been inserting the bung (ring thing), but still no joy!

I've had my bottles for a while so i've got no problem with replacing them. I want to try another brand.

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 09-Jun-11 11:33:51

This might sounds daft, but are you scrubbing the thread on the inside of the top really well? Also, don't do them up too tight, it makes them leak more.

Lainey1981 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:24:21

I use the tommee tippee closer to nature ones, haven't had any leakage problems

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 09-Jun-11 16:29:43

I know it is counter intuitive but with avent you need to loosen them a fraction to a) make the anti-colic work and b) stop the leaking.

NoTeaForMe Thu 09-Jun-11 16:49:38

I have this problem with tommee tippee ones, but I think it's more my daughter dribbles the milk than the bottle if you see what I mean!

howitis Thu 09-Jun-11 20:51:59

I used Avent and will never use them again. If you go to there website for help it has a little info on how to stop leaks just by telling how to put a bottle together! They were clearly aware something was wrong as they have now included the blue and white ring to insert at the top but still, like you had the same problem. If you can I would change now as you will have months of the bottles leaking on you and DC.

tostaky Thu 09-Jun-11 22:02:01

tommee tippe or NUK -much better than avent. never worked out that ring thing

Snarfle Thu 09-Jun-11 22:04:05

I use Dr Brown bottles and really like them. You can mix the milk ands water with just the blue and brown bits in and then add the top (I found when I added the top and then mixed the milk the heat from the water made them leak).
My friend also used Dr Brown and liked them!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Fri 10-Jun-11 10:42:50

Dr Brown are awful for leaking but I have never had any problems with closer to nature ones (tommee tippee)

Chucklecheeks Fri 10-Jun-11 15:44:25

I used Avent and actually complained to them about the leaking. They told me when you are Screwing the lid on hold it by the plastic lid (see through bit) and screw gently. When you have screwed it on enough the lid will turn round on it's own leaving the teat and read holder thing the right tightness. They told me that people over tighten them thinking that will stop the leaks but by over tightening you are breaking the vacuum.

Hope that makes some sense, it seemed to work for me.

CC

sarahloula Sat 11-Jun-11 21:23:42

We use Tommee Tippee and haven't had a problem.

triskaidekaphile Sat 11-Jun-11 21:28:07

Nuk worked well for me. Bit unusual looking but I liked that about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now