Talk

Advanced search

Moving 7mth old DS into his own room

(3 Posts)
ZimboMum Wed 08-Jun-11 11:48:31

Hi all,

I know there were a few threads about this recently in AIBU etc, but just after some advice really. DS sleeps in his cot in our room and generally sleeps pretty well, usually between 9ish to 8ish with one feed in between where I feed him back to sleep.

Quite often I'll wake up in the night and hear that he is awake but not crying so I just leave him and 8/10 times he goes back to sleep. I'm not sure if he is comforted by the sound of our snoring breathing and therefore doesn't feel the need to cry to get attention.

I'll come to the point soon! DH is making noises about moving DS into his own room but I just wondered if moving him now will be easier than say when he is a year old. Now perhaps he'll just have a couple of unsettled nights wondering where we are, maybe when he's older he'll wonder why he's been 'abandoned' in his own room. I don't really mind if he stays in our room or goes into his own, I'll still be the one getting up if he needs a feed, and I take him through to his room to sit in the nursing chair in the night if he needs a feed at the moment. I suppose I can forsee the nights of sitting up in the chair if he howls as soon as we leave the room!

Sorry for waffling. Anybody have any thoughts? TIA.

monkoray Wed 08-Jun-11 23:08:55

Why don't you try it for a week, if he doesn't take to it you can bring him back to your room. These things don't have to be permanent.
You might be surprised though. We moved our ds at 7 months and it was as if he didn't even notice.

ZimboMum Thu 09-Jun-11 07:52:31

Thanks monkoray I think we will have to give that a go and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now