Talk

Advanced search

At this rate will become as bald as my baby! (12 mo)

(6 Posts)
goshreally Wed 08-Jun-11 11:23:45

...because he's always pulling it out and I don't know how to stop it. What's heartbreaking is that it's obviously a sign of affection (and he keeps holding it when I give him a bottle, or cuddle him before bed), but he doesn't realise how much it hurts sometimes! Keeping it out of his way is difficult when I pick him up even though it's not very long. Saying 'no' just seems to amuse him.

Any tips? Is it something they grow out of?

eversoslightlytired Wed 08-Jun-11 11:35:49

Are you able to just put it back with grips (I am assuming you cant do a ponytail) at those times?

goshreally Wed 08-Jun-11 11:41:50

I know he'd probably grab the grips to chew them (as he does with my glasses), or grab any loose strands. It's relentless.

Mummyloveskisses Thu 09-Jun-11 00:01:44

My DS (now 15 months) was the same and once I tied my hair up he started on his own! So I introduced a blankie and when he grabbed his hair I removed his fist and pushed the blankie in, he very quickly moved onto it and now both mine and his hair goes unpulled smile

goshreally Thu 09-Jun-11 10:23:37

Brilliant idea -- will try with a taggie today

narmada Fri 10-Jun-11 20:35:10

My DS is the same. Big handfuls of hair, or failing that, glasses if they're available. He has a full head of lovely curls at 7 months. I, meanwhile, am developing a widow's peak. No suggestions, just sympathy!

He also makes me laugh because every day without fail when I get him out of the car seat his little fat grabby hands go out for the leaves on the bushes and he rips a handful off before I can stop him. Every day. It's like groundhog day. DD was similarly grabby, but her objet was the loose wallpaper in the bathroom over her nappy mat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now