Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

What toothbrush does your DC use?

(4 Posts)
baabaapinksheep Tue 07-Jun-11 16:25:00

My DD is 3 and I can't seem to get her teeth properly clean, they always seem to be a bit yellow in between and round the gums. Not sure if I need a different toothbrush, or a different technique for cleaning them?

MCos Wed 08-Jun-11 17:41:33

Most likely different technique.
Brush using circular motion, brush front and back of tooth and the top surface, brush each of those surfaces several times. Brush from the gum down, including the lower part of the gum. Use a nice soft brush.

My DDs hated getting their teeth brushed, and we used not do it so thoroughly until the dentist showed us how (they were 2 and 4 at the time). I had to stick with it for a few weeks before this became natural for us, and the DDs stopped kicking up a fuss. It helped enormously that the dentist showed the girls themselves and got them to practice on the big practice teeth at the clinic.

shivster1980 Wed 08-Jun-11 22:21:23

My DS hated haviong his teeth brushed until we bought a cheap kids electric toothbrush from boots. Then he suffered it gladly and the circular motion has improved the accuracy of my brushing - bonus! smile

monkoray Wed 08-Jun-11 22:54:58

Yep, like shivster we often use my electric tooth brush on ds, he loves it. He does also have his own kids one (i think its a colgate brand) which I usually start him off with but he often points to the electric one, and then we switch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now