Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Swing/Slide/Tower combo - a good idea?

(3 Posts)
Playingatmotherhood Tue 07-Jun-11 10:44:28

I have 2 young DS's (27 mnth & 6 mnth) and want to get a swing/slide combo for the garden. I am tempted to get a large one which has a raised playhouse with a sandpit underneath, 2 swings and a slide. However, they are expensive and take up a lot of room. So my question is are they worth it?

I know they will need supervising in the garden but I don't plan to leave them unattended so am not bothered by that. I also don't mind spending the money if it gets played with but I am concerned that it with take up about 1/5 of the lawn and compromise the amount of space for the boys to play in. We do also have a large raised deck so the lawn isn't the only play space but I am very aware that as the boys get older they will need as much space as possible.

So wise MNers, who has one of these things and what do you think?

PGTip Tue 07-Jun-11 10:59:58

We are getting one next week for our DC, 6 & 4. They love them, admittedly we have a large garden, currently split into 3 areas, one third being theirs. The outfit we have seen us at Costco and is approx £700, a lot I know, but I am sure it'll be worth every penny and will see them to the point when that type of garden entertainment us no longer required. If I was you especially with your DC being so young I would go for it, they will get years of enjoyment out of it.

Fizzylemonade Tue 07-Jun-11 17:28:36

We started with toddler height TP climbing frame like this

As our children are now 8 and 5 it is at full height (just add the extension legs) with a monkey bridge.

They play on it every time they are out in the garden. We are just about to put a path down the side of the grass so they can scoot on their scooters round the garden too in a circuit.

As long as you leave room for football/swingball/running around then it will be fine. My boys live in the garden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: