Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

First baby jabs this afternoon - what to expect?

(15 Posts)
cockle84 Mon 06-Jun-11 14:19:32

What effect did first jabs have on your baby, if any?

belindarose Mon 06-Jun-11 14:21:54

Baby was fine. I cried on the long walk home and she fell asleep after crying for about a minute! Best wishes.

Cattleprod Mon 06-Jun-11 14:23:19

First jabs had no effect really. DS cried, I fed him, he stopped crying.

Iirc he had a slight temperature after the second lot. One small spoon of calpol sorted that out.

smile

Samvet Mon 06-Jun-11 14:23:20

Think is variable. My baby always has a temperature and is out of sorts but have the calpol on hand and he/she will be fine! I cried too!

Gethsemane Mon 06-Jun-11 14:31:53

Same as the other posts. I think it was probably more stressful for me than him!

ILovePonyo Mon 06-Jun-11 14:41:08

Baby cried, I cried. She fell asleep as soon as put her in pram and was more sleepy than usual for a couple of days. She was a bit more clingy than usual and cried in her sleep a bit which was cute but sad.

She has 3rd lot this week, am dreading it - 3 needles this time!

cockle84 Mon 06-Jun-11 14:51:02

Oh no, I think I'll cry too! How long after did temperature kick in? Bit nervous of fevers because I had febrile convulsion when I was a toddler.

ILovePonyo Mon 06-Jun-11 15:02:03

Not sure about temperature sorry, probably by the evening?

Yes you probably will cry it is heartbreaking grin but if it makes you feel better I didn't cry at the second lot of jabs.

matana Mon 06-Jun-11 15:27:21

DS cried until i picked him up and cuddled him and he stopped immediately. A few hours later he screamed the house down and got very hot. I gave him some calpol and he was fine again in no time.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 06-Jun-11 18:02:47

I hope it all went well cockle smile. DD filled her nappy about 8 times in 5 hours after her first set of jabs and slept well too. After that, no effects.

PaigeTurner Mon 06-Jun-11 18:57:01

I cried and wailed at the nurse, "I don't know how you can do this all day!" blush

DS screamed, but fell asleep in his pram before we'd even left the surgery. Same for second lot (although I sent my mum in with him that time - total chicken).

thesurgeonsmate Mon 06-Jun-11 19:05:56

Crying not compulsory!

ILovePonyo Mon 06-Jun-11 21:00:04

How did you get on cockle?

cockle84 Mon 06-Jun-11 21:57:12

she screamed. I felt awful but held it together until i got home-then cried at husband who had just got home from work because she settled with him and not me - totally unreasonable i know. Now she's very sleepy and will only let me cuddle her-poor wee thing. Got the calpol on standby.

ILovePonyo Mon 06-Jun-11 22:08:31

Ahh smile Well done you. And grin at the unreasonable behaviour with dh. Hopefully lots of sleep heading your way now, sure she'll be much better in a day or 2.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: