Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Can anyone recommend any plastic pants for bedtime - 2yo nappies always wet through

(10 Posts)
Summerbird73 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:26:05

I have tried all kinds of nappies - different brands/sizes/pull ups v sticky tabs etc etc. I have also tried cutting down his drinks before bedtime but my 2 year old DS (or he will be next week smile ) still has a wet through nappy at bedtime.

Sooooo i thought we could try those plastic pants that my mum used to use for us when we were all nippers - you know the ones that go over the terry nappies.

Do they still do plastic pants for the eco nappies? If so could any of the MN massive please link me to some nice soft ones for bedtime. Thanks smile

addictedtofrazzles Mon 06-Jun-11 10:31:16

I had this issue- I have to get ds1 to wee in the loo before bed and then I have changed to huggies boy night time nappies (the ones with toy story on) This has stopped the wet beds for now!

Summerbird73 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:36:23

That may work, although DS isnt ready for potty/toilet training yet (although we could introduce the potty at bathtime...). But i will bear that one in mind for a few months time when he is ready for that.

shivster1980 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:12:12

Depending on the size of your DS I heartily recommend Pampers Underjams or Huggies Dry Nites. They start at age 4 though so may be ginormous! DS was in them until he night time trained himself at 4.5yrs and it always kept the gallon of wee he produced safely inside. grin

Alternatively I also used the Huggies Night Time pull ups wit success when he was smaller.

Don't drastically reduce his drinks before bed though - it never made a difference on the occasion we tried and can cause problems potty training later.

If his skin is dry and the nappies/pullups are absorbing the wee away from his skin - you could try an additional disposable bedmat slipped under him once asleep to save your washing!

shivster1980 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:13:09

PS Mothercare stock the plastic pants with the terry lining BTW smile

Summerbird73 Mon 06-Jun-11 19:51:43

thanks shivster DS is 2 next week but is a big boy (not chubby - just tall and big boned!). so we might try some of those. And yes we realised that reducing his fluid before bed was pointless as he always woke up thirsty.

Cheers for your help smile

rattling Tue 07-Jun-11 17:43:56

The motherease wraps for re-useable nappies are great. We use re-useables during the day and disposables at night and have the same leakage issues with my 2 year old twin boys, so use the wraps over the top. They aren't cheap, but can often be found second hand. They don't get quite as clammy inside as the old fashioned waterproof pants.

TimeWasting Tue 07-Jun-11 17:52:27

Wool nappy covers are very good for night time, but not cheap.

Summerbird73 Fri 10-Jun-11 12:28:43

oo rattling and timewasting i shall hunt them both out - thank you

Octaviapink Fri 10-Jun-11 13:45:54

We also use washables during the day and disposables at night. DD is fine in them but we have a friend who's DS seems to wee for Britain overnight - they use a disposable INSIDE a washable inside a washable wrap - seems to work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now