Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Birthday present for 6 year old boy

(11 Posts)
MyThumbsHaveGoneWeird Thu 02-Jun-11 19:09:23

I am clueless because my son is still a baby. We have been invited to a friends sons birthday. Would a dr who audiobook be a good present for a 6 year old? Thanks!

brightermornings Thu 02-Jun-11 20:33:04

That's a good idea. What about horrid henry? Or lego always a hit!

pleasenap Thu 02-Jun-11 20:58:18

Lego, Star wars stuff, bakugan, nerf guns (not keen personally, but I reckon they'd be a hit for 6yo!), doodle books, meccano things (age appropriate ones)

kitbit Thu 02-Jun-11 21:27:10

Lego star wars or micromachines. Stay away from Hotwheels sets they are crap

MyThumbsHaveGoneWeird Thu 02-Jun-11 21:37:27

Thanks. So not the Dr Who idea?

pleasenap Thu 02-Jun-11 21:44:49

Erm...could be good but not sure Dr Who is particularly big amongst my son's friends (he's 6)...but then it could be in other schools, who knows. I wonder if it might be bigger amongst slightly older kids as not every 6yo or 5 going on 6yo will be up or allowed to watch Dr Who? But I don't know tbh....anything with aliens and monsters is pretty popular with my DS so maybe it'd go down a treat!

MyThumbsHaveGoneWeird Thu 02-Jun-11 21:51:53

Thought that might be the case. Will save it for an older child and go shopping tomorrow. Ta.

latermater Thu 02-Jun-11 21:52:52

Ninjago lego (newish ninja themed lego) was my son's number 1 favourite present for his 6th birthday this week. There are some inexpensive mini kits and big supermarkets and Argos will have it. K'nex construction kits also good but not the "mini" version - he struggles with that. Lots of boys in his class (and him) are into natural history - especially bugs, snakes, wild animals etc.

Chrysanthemum5 Thu 02-Jun-11 21:54:11

Definitely ninjago it is the top present apparently. Or a beyblade.

cornflakegirl Thu 02-Jun-11 22:05:27

My son is turning 6 soon, and loves listening to Dr Who on Radio 4 Extra, so I think the audiobook could be a great idea. There also seemed to be a lot of kids in his Reception class last year who were familiar with Dr Who (although we didn't let DS watch it then).

Lego is a good default present for that age.

Morloth Fri 03-Jun-11 08:02:40

Lego, lego or possibly some lego.

DS1 loves Dr Who and is just (at almost 7) coming out of the Ben 10 stage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: