Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Bath Toys for 4 year old DD

(11 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Thu 02-Jun-11 11:14:16

Can anyone recommend any please?

Catsu Thu 02-Jun-11 11:20:05

My DS is 5 and the things he still enjoys having in the bath are foam letters and numbers that stick to the side when wet. He can spell out his name with them etc.
Also cheap water pistol that he fills up with bath water and aims at different targets (in the bath!)
Absolutely the best thing for both DS's at the moment though (they are 5 and 3) are their swimming goggles, they LOVE being allowed to wear them in the bath and pretending to go treasure hunting under the water with them on!

mamsnet Thu 02-Jun-11 11:32:07

Goggles.. what a brilliant idea.. will definitely try that..

Mine love funnels and plastic teapots..

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 02-Jun-11 11:36:47

cups, bottles, funnels... all cheap and plastic from IKEA (kitchen range it doesn't mould) or empty shampoo bottles and balls.

SarkyLady Thu 02-Jun-11 11:43:11

I bought a couple of sets of plastic sea creatures from amazon. Not labelled as bath toys.

like these

animals

exexpat Thu 02-Jun-11 11:44:09

A large portion of DD's polly pocket collection seems to live in the bathroom these days (the ones with the plastic rather than realistic hair), along with quite a collection of plastic animals (the realistic-looking solid plastic ones) and dinosaurs etc. They get used for all sorts of imaginative games and stories in the bath.

TooTiredtoGoogle Thu 02-Jun-11 11:54:08

Thank you. Some great ideas here.
And you've all saved me a fortune too as I was thinking about getting DD the Playmobil Submarine.

Mummyloveskisses Thu 02-Jun-11 16:09:57

Cups and bottles as above plus DD and DS2 love their hard plastic dolly's to wash in the bath too (Asda for about £2 each) teapot and plastic jugs... basically anything that can hold water and/or pour water smile

Mummyloveskisses Thu 02-Jun-11 16:10:24

Forgot to say DD 3.5yrs and DS2 14 months x

BlueChampagne Thu 02-Jun-11 17:00:45

Ours (3.9 and 18mo) get bubble bath now and again - that's always popular. And a whole plastic tea set has migrated to the bathroom too.

BlueberryPancake Thu 02-Jun-11 17:16:34

We have thesesea creatures cheap and great fun in the bath. We also have two little fish nets we bought from the petshop, and my boys play 'capturing' the sea creature..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: