Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

MMR jab side effects - tell me your experiences!

(10 Posts)
vez123 Thu 02-Jun-11 08:25:35

Hi, my little boy (12 months) will be getting his MMR jab today. I am slightly concerned as to the side effects. He will be christened this Sunday and I do not want him to be ill for this important event!
What were your experiences? Should we delay the jab by a week?

Thanks!

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 02-Jun-11 08:29:26

My DD was 4 months and had a slightly sore leg for a day
My DS same age had no side affects at all.

But if you are worried, go next week?!

RickGhastley Thu 02-Jun-11 08:41:33

DS was fine except for a bit of a temperature and a post-viral type rash that started 2 or 3 weeks after the jab. One of the viruses in the jab has quite a long incubation period!

The person giving the jab should give you a leaflet explaining what to look out for and when!

missp2010 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:21:36

DD and DS didn't have any side effects at all. I'm glad you're taking him to have it. Seems too many people are turning it down at the moment.

hildathebuilder Thu 02-Jun-11 10:22:48

my ds had a temperature after about a week, and a rash after about 10 days which went the following day. he was very grumpy between day 7 and 10

DaisyLovesMetronidazole Thu 02-Jun-11 10:23:16

Mine were absolutely fine. Agree with missp.

hogsback Thu 02-Jun-11 10:33:13

DS squawked mightily at the time but was fine within 20 seconds. The most incredible side-effect was that he seemed to magically develop an immunity to three extremely serious childhood diseases after the jag smile

lljkk Thu 02-Jun-11 10:46:23

Um, scratches head... Nothing? Only 4 DC, so not statistically significant sample, though.

vez123 Thu 02-Jun-11 11:35:44

Thanks for all your replies. He had the jabs now, I just really wanted to get them out of the way. And he was absolutely fine, only a little squeak! He will get the booster in 3 months time, apparently this is a new policy related to the latest measles outbreak. Fingers crossed no further side effects! :-)

vez123 Thu 02-Jun-11 11:35:48

Thanks for all your replies. He had the jabs now, I just really wanted to get them out of the way. And he was absolutely fine, only a little squeak! He will get the booster in 3 months time, apparently this is a new policy related to the latest measles outbreak. Fingers crossed no further side effects! :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: