Talk

Advanced search

Games and ideas for 4th birthday party please

(8 Posts)
izpie Wed 01-Jun-11 06:09:14

We've decided to have a small party at home to celebrate dd's 4th birthday, as we only have a small house running around playing is not really an option so I want to make sure I have enough games etc to fill the time (2hrs). There will be 12 children, all around 4. Also not really into 'winning' games. So far I have:

Rocket balloons & bubble machine for general entertainment
Pull string piñata
Musical statues where children get a sticker/prize for stopping (all children will have one by game end)
Musical balloons- similar to statues
Egg & spoon fun

And that's it so far- can anyone help me out with any other ideas??.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 01-Jun-11 07:37:23

Musical bumps and pass the parcel. DD loves musical bumps. She is 10 hmm

izpie Thu 02-Jun-11 07:28:05

Thanks kreecher.

Anyone else?

Dysgu Thu 02-Jun-11 07:52:43

DD1 has been to a few 4th birthday parties recently and really enjoys the 'making' activities: planting a sunflower seed, decorating fairy cakes, painting a polystyrene egg, decorating a crown.

They then get these things back in their party bags.

Pin the tail on the donkey has also been popular, although that might be the spinning round bit that they like most!

Oh and a 'treasure hunt' has worked well on a few occasions - either hiding tokens in the garden that can then be exchanged for sweets, or else hising the sweets (wrapped) around the room. Again, the sweets get handed in (well, most of them do!) and get put in party bag.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 02-Jun-11 07:57:46

yy to cake or biscuit making
if you can't face making them from scratch, get basics fairy buns and decorate those.

hazeyjane Thu 02-Jun-11 08:07:51

dd2 had her 4th party last week, it was lovely (compared to dd1's 5th party a couple of months ago - which was chaos!)

We did

decorating plain bags which I had stuck their names on (party bags)
face painting (8 butterflies!)
musical statues (winners medal for each of them for different categories - best silly dance etc)
lunch
flump hunt in the garden

The things that helped were having it midday, having one other mum to help (ie take gaggles of girls to the loo) and not having too much food.

mousymouse Thu 02-Jun-11 08:09:38

'hit the pot' - hide a treat under a pot blindfold child and give him/her a spoon...
treasure hunt, maybe around the block for them to run off steam. or even inside?

izpie Thu 02-Jun-11 11:55:16

Great ideas - thank you

dd and I were going to decorate the cupcakes tomorrow but I love the idea of doing it at the party

was going to give pots, soil & seeds as the party bags but hadn't thought of planting the seeds together - also a great idea

flump hunt??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now