Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

F Word

(3 Posts)
eightytwenty Tue 31-May-11 20:30:22

My DS1 (6) has just had the F word explained to him by a school friend. Fortunately not within ear shot of DS2 (4).

Questions:

1) Do I tell the other mother?
2) Do I explain what F...ing actually is? (Not had a sex-ed chat yet)

DS1 is under strict threats not to tell DS2, but wonder if this is making it into a bigger thing in both their minds. Until yesterday they were both asking me what it meant.

Mummyloveskisses Tue 31-May-11 23:51:31

Answers:

1) Yes, she should be aware how informative her child is being
2) Depends if DS has asked the question

Did you hear the explaination given for F***? And was it correct? If my DS1 (now 13yrs) had asked at 6 what F* was I would have said a rude word adults use and its not for children to say. If he had said another child had told him f* was 2 people having sex, he wouldn't have known at that age what sex was so this would have been followed with what's sex? Which depending on his maturity (it was a long time ago) I would have gone with something adults do and when your older I will tell you about it.....

I do think its important to answer questions honestly once they are asked but unless prompted only give short and age appropriate answers

HTH

eightytwenty Wed 01-Jun-11 10:43:15

No questions asked to meaning. Think I'll save that for another day.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: