Talk

Advanced search

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - anyone been to see this and would it be suitable for 6yr old?

(6 Posts)
dontdillydally Tue 31-May-11 10:06:01

sorry for posting here but not sure where else to post!

anyone been to see it?

Furball Tue 31-May-11 16:06:31

there is a parental guide on imdb

alittlebitshy Tue 31-May-11 16:18:54

I took my 8 year old dd at the weekend and she loved it (though says it was not as good as the first film).

Does your 6 year old love the books? dd says a few things have been changed but not a lot.

Not totally sure if i would take a 6 year old. If s/he has been reading the books to themselves I assume the content would be no problem...

JamieAgain Tue 31-May-11 17:43:10

Mine saw the first one, at age 7, and personally I thought it was too old for him. I think it was more suitable for a 10 year old or upwards.

Is the second one about being bullied by his older brother? Because I was a bit shocked about that in the first film

DilysPrice Tue 31-May-11 17:49:41

DD saw the first one (birthday party) when she was just 8 and I was a bit hmm at some of the content but she loved it, as did the bday boy's 6 yr old little brother.

If 6 yr old DC really want to see it it probably won't do them any harm.

slalomsuki Tue 31-May-11 17:59:43

Glad this has been posted as my kids are nagging to go to see it tomorrow. DS's are 10 and 8 but dd is 5 but an old 5. I can't take them and not her so it will be all of us or not any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now