Talking Ben
Talking Tom
Monkey Play Lunchbox
Dancing babies
Art of glow
Lego farm animals

Next....

BornToFolk Sat 28-May-11 19:11:20

DS really liked Monkey Play Lunchbox for ages but has gone off it in favour of Peppa Pig. I rarely pay for apps but Peppa was £1.79. Worth it though, he's played it lots.
He quite likes the colouring ones too.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sat 28-May-11 19:16:04

Dd loves;

in the night garden
a colouring one
there's loads of nursery rhyme ones
paper toss
angry birds
piano

FrameyMcFrame Sat 28-May-11 19:21:37

Kids song machine is the favorite here

AbbyLou Sat 28-May-11 19:53:10

Seriously? Toddlers play on iphones? Do they not have better things to do?

banana87 Sat 28-May-11 21:21:51

No when you're on the train, in the car, on an airplane, in a restraunt...

FrameyMcFrame Sat 28-May-11 21:43:32

or when you're trying to have a blood test taken at the doctors, or speak to your other DC's class teacher at school or fill in a form at the post office...

If you have a toddler and an Iphone....... it's just a more high tech bunch of keys distraction tool.

TheSkiingGardener Sat 28-May-11 21:53:55

Just to really upset some people, my DS has used some apps from 10 months. Peek-a-boo is a brilliant distraction when he has fallen over and bashed his head. If he keeps crying when offered that, then I know it was a serious bash.

Also good for babies are Look Baby!, Peekaboo Lite and Baby Piano.

Great when you just need a minute to grab something or in any of the circumstances described above.

mindtheagegap Sat 28-May-11 21:58:57

......ooops, ignore me, i seem to have wandered into the twillight zone....[switches light off and creeps out quietly]

olibeansmummy Sun 29-May-11 14:45:13

Talking Tom, talking Ben, sound touch, the happy mrs chicken pepper pig game, baby piano and one that shows animal pictures and makes their sound.

Roo83 Sun 29-May-11 21:03:32

Thomas game pack, old macdonald and wacky safari. Generally I download the free apps and see if they're any good.....only pay for the ones someone else has recommended. Off to have a look at all your recommendations now!

fivegomadindorset Sun 29-May-11 21:04:29

Jigsaw puzzle ones.

FrameyMcFrame Mon 30-May-11 19:49:59

ooohh what's the Thomas one? Might have a look now!

bingobob Wed 01-Jun-11 18:39:34

Thomas one is called "misty island" quite good my Son loves it.

Incidentally I get wind of the cheap/free apps by using the free app "App Deals", works a treat - I got baby safari free this way and a baby piano one which he loves. Not a baby stuff but you can filter. Anyway I ought to like it as I wrote it! :-)

LadyMacnet Wed 01-Jun-11 18:41:33

Wheels on the Bus by Duck Duck Moose is really really good

beanandspud Wed 01-Jun-11 20:12:37

Talking Carl, Thomas Misty Island, Animatch, Teach Me Toddler, Shapebuilder, iFace, Disney Cars, Chuggington....

All good for restaurants, queues, journeys etc.

bingobob Thu 02-Jun-11 08:21:13

I want to restate that "Baby Safari" has been brilliant for Oliver since he was about 2yrs. Lovely and free. Sure the American accent is a bit annoying but puzzle mode is brill. As I say, more like this via "App Deals" app, also free - @app_deals on twitter.

Also good is to watch videos on a plane/train with him, think an iPad would be better but iPhone is ok. Anything to pass the time. God bless Peppa.

Yours,

A Dad on mumsnet

Pigleychez Sat 04-Jun-11 17:56:50

Monkey Preschool lunchbox
Monkey when I grow up
Tozzle
Talking tomcat

are all popular with DD1 (2.10)

Roo83 Sat 04-Jun-11 18:03:02

The Thomas one ds plays on most is actually called Thomas Game Pack-it's 3 games in one, pairs, jigsaw and a maze one.

SindyTellsMe Sat 04-Jun-11 18:07:42

Kneebouncers
Thicket

pumpupthevolume Mon 06-Jun-11 10:15:16

My dd loves the "In The Night Garden" app. She really enjoys getting Upsy Daisy to dance, and making Makka Pakka wash the Pontipines. And yes to the Duck Duck Moose apps. Old MacDonald is still thrilling after a few months! I have an iPod Touch, but would love an ipad!

She is two, and let's face it, her generation will be growing up with technology, so I'm happy for her to play with what is essentially an interactive book. I am envious of the ease and comfort they will have with IT. Obviously in moderation, but I do get a bit annoyed with Luddites who think that computers are evil and that children shouldn't be exposed to anything apart from wooden toys and bits of shells and feathers!

We also read together, sing, dance, chat, make things, play, explore and have a wide range of fun!

Noop Mon 06-Jun-11 21:56:40

My two love tozzle. And old mcdonald by fish the mouse. Ds1 (4) is starting to play with pocketphonic, and they both enjoy ifishpond.

louise54 Tue 13-Aug-13 14:07:10

My little boys favourites so far are anything from Ocean House Media and Pathway apps, these 2 are ones which ive enjoyed reading with him:

Niles Snappington free version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.PathwayApps.NilesSnappingtonPreview&hl=en_GB

Dr Seuss £3:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oceanhouse_media.bookcatinthehat_app&hl=en_GB

maxslittlebrother Fri 16-Aug-13 13:43:43

I was recommended Sound Touch - not free but has paid for itself over and over smile
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sound-touch/id348094440?mt=8

rumbelina Fri 16-Aug-13 13:50:46

Lego duplo train

Lego builders 4+ (but is dead easy, ds 2.8 loves it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now