Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

co-sleeping

(4 Posts)
theowlandthepussycatwenttosea Sat 28-May-11 11:37:02

I am co-sleeping with a baby. But wondering when people stop - I have a friend who co-sleeps with a 5 yo. The child doesn't have his own bed yet. When does a child need their own bed. We are in a 1 bed flat so we do need to know when we should make arrangements.

missyfafa Sat 28-May-11 13:36:04

You can stop anytime you like. Just when it is working for you or the baby anymore or you feel you need your space. I still co-sleep with my son who is nearly a year but I am fine with it for the moment.

AngelDog Sat 28-May-11 21:26:33

I agree with missyfafa - do it as long as it suits your family, and stop when it doesn't. I didn't start 'properly' co-sleeping till 11 months (we sort of co-slept on & off from 4 months onwards) but now at 16 m.o. I can't imagine stopping for a good while yet.

BrokenBananaTantrum Sat 28-May-11 21:32:28

DD is nearly 5yo and has just gone into her own bed. I miss her ! Do what is right for you and don't listen to nay sayers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now