Talk

Advanced search

Party bags for 10 year olds?

(10 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 27-May-11 22:04:50

It's dd's 10th birthday party on Sunday. There was me thinking that as she's having a swimming party and they do the food, all I have to do is make her cake (tomorrow) and job done.

Suddenly remembered party bags!!!! I usually order stuff from Party Pieces but obviously no time for that now. So does anyone know where I can buy the bags and what sort of stuff should I put in them for 10 year olds? I thought maybe some sweets/choc, pencils, hair clips...?

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 27-May-11 22:07:03

Why not try Oxfam. They have a party-bag thing where the kids get some stuff but most of what is spent goes to charity with info on where it's going. At 10 I would think that it may be the right time (and cheapest option) to introduce charitable giving.

Mumofjz Fri 27-May-11 22:09:30

Local supermarket do all the party bags and bits and pieces to go in and the stuff you mentioned sound good - good luck

dikkertjedap Fri 27-May-11 22:18:29

I would put hair clips, sticker sheet, maybe lip balm or something like that and a few sweets. Places like Clinton's do party bags, as does John Lewis and all the major supermarkets. Alternatively go to an arts and craft shop and get some arts and craft/baking (cookie cutter for example) things to put in cellophane bags (which they will sell in their baking section).

Bluebell99 Fri 27-May-11 22:22:00

You can get the bags from supermarkets or card shops. How about stuff from Claire's or Accessorize, or Hawkins bazaar or supermarkets.

OwlMother Fri 27-May-11 22:29:44

At my ds's 11th party, I'd run out of ideas for "decent" non junky things (personally I bin party bags practically as soon as we're home!) and bought large bars of chocolate around which we wrapped a band of coloured paper. My son then wrote "thank you for coming to my party" on each of the strips of paper and they were given out along with a piece of cake,

This was universally welcomed by the boys, and several parents mentioned that it was nice not to get the normal bits and pieces that normally kick about the house for ages afterwards.

DialsMavis Fri 27-May-11 22:35:35

Have you checked whether party bags are still the done thing for her age group? I only ask as my DS (8.5) told me they are "childish" the other day! shock. He is still happy to accept them grin but apparently its not cool to have them at your own party hmm. I was rather surprised and it might just be a foible of his little friendship group.

Timbachick Fri 27-May-11 22:35:49

Ooooooh, good one OwlMother. My DS is having his 11th birthday party next week and I wondering what to do in lieu of party bags. You have solved my dilemma ... sorry for hijack.

Dancergirl Fri 27-May-11 23:35:37

Thanks all. Do you know if Wilkinsons sell party bag stuff? Cos we're going to be near one tomorrow and I want to avoid too much running around if poss.

MCos Fri 27-May-11 23:58:53

Yikes, DD1 party on Sunday. Must check if venue does party bags, can't remember!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now