Talk

Advanced search

Toddler ID tags?

(8 Posts)
SuiGeneris Mon 04-Apr-11 16:18:24

Has anybody used the wrist ID tags for children? When would you start? If you used them on a toddler, did they take it off? Did it help?

CMOTdibbler Mon 04-Apr-11 16:19:52

Write your number on their arm in permanent marker if you are going somewhere really crowded and busy.

I only do this at huge events where adults can lose each other easily

dribbleface Tue 05-Apr-11 20:23:22

saw an advert for transferable tatoo things with your contact details on, not sure where though, try to google it?

EldonAve Tue 05-Apr-11 20:27:12

I bought some can't remember where
Used them at big crowded event type places
They couldnt get them off

JenniC Tue 05-Apr-11 22:03:45

I bought the reusable ones (that look like hospital tags) and I wrote my number on it in permanent pen but I did it on the inside and it rubbed off quite easily (even though it said it wouldn't).

I've now bought velcro ones from www.familysafeplus-shop.co.uk/home.php?cat=249 and they are better as more comfortable.

Not had problems with her taking off and explained to her what to use it for.

UniS Tue 05-Apr-11 23:15:41

5 yr old DS LIKES having a "festival wristband" with my phone number on if we go to big busy events. If I haven't got a band to hand I write my number on his arm. We also go through the drill with him about who to go to ( steward/ stalholder etc) and what to show them to if he can't find HIS grown ups.
Actually , this summer should be easier as speech therapy over the winter has resulted in his speech being understandable. Last year it was hit and miss if A.N.Other adult would have understood his speech. So closer to toddler than a typical 4 yr old in some ways. I've used bands ever since he was mainly out of the pushchair at events.

I was given a bunch of single use medic alert bands by the Lions club. They dish them out at the county show and similar.

Flisspaps Tue 05-Apr-11 23:19:44

I got a stack of them from ebay (festival wristband type) as I'm a CM. Am going to use them whenever I take the 2.10yo out, but would use for DD once she's no longer in the buggy.

Gwebb1234 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:11:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now