Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Suitable clothing for a dash outside

(4 Posts)
beijingaling Sat 15-Jan-11 14:15:24

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it's not.

So DD is 2 weeks old and we've had to do a fair bit of travel between home and Drs. We go from our warm house where DD just wears a sleep suit and is wrapped in a cellular blanket to the warm car (and the cars been running for a while so it is warm not cold) to the warm drs surgery.

It's -6 here during the day and the wind is bitter. What is suitable clothing for DD to wear for that dash between house and car and car and surgery? It's all of 20 steps plus a bit of fussing to put her in the car seat.

At the moment I just keep a blanket on her and a hat but she clearly doesn't like the minute of cold and I feel like she should be wearing more but then I end up with her in the wind and cold on anyway as I'm trying to unwrap blankets and shove her in the car seat.

Any suggestions? Mum is coming to visit in 2 weeks so I can order something online if need be. My car seat is a Stokke BeSafe.

whatanumpty Sat 15-Jan-11 14:22:19

I tend to just use a folded blanket over their legs and tucked either side. Carseats are quite cosy and enclosed. DD didn't complain when it was -18 and I was taking her out to the car with just the blanket and a hat

Elsa123 Sat 15-Jan-11 14:49:50

When it was -9 here DD was in a hooded coat with 2 blankets on her lap and gloves on. Easier to remove when in the warm than an all in one suit.

What we've also done with the sleepsuit is to put socks on her feet on the outside of the sleepsuit which are then easy to remove and she had a vest on under the sleepsuit.

5inthebed Sat 15-Jan-11 14:57:59

DS3 was a November baby and we bought a few hooded lined cardigans for journeys like this. Added with a hat and scratch mitts, maybe some socks and a blanket folded in half he was lovely and snug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now