Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Any tips for dealing with chronically overtired 3 year old?

(9 Posts)
TarkaLiotta Fri 14-Jan-11 11:31:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TarkaLiotta Fri 14-Jan-11 14:09:31

TarkaLiotta Fri 14-Jan-11 21:08:38

Trebuchet Fri 14-Jan-11 21:10:11

Sorry not very useful just wanted to bump for you

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 14-Jan-11 21:12:53

will she nap, or at least have quiet time with a story?

can you do the choices thing the night before nursery? we do - dd picks out her clothes the night before, and decides on breakfast, even gets out a story for the morning, so we can whizz through the morning routine and get out of the door (relatively) smoothly. we also get dressed before breakfast as it cuts down on the faffing a bit.

jade80 Fri 14-Jan-11 21:14:14

Can you explain to nursery and try just taking her in her night clothes if she kicks up a fuss? Obviously with clothes packed for them to change her into when she calms down. May break the cycle of her using dressing to delay nursery. Warn her that if she carries on making a fuss, she will go how she is, then follow through on it. Get dh to be very calm walk in, say goodbye and tell her who will collect her and when e.g. I'm going to be back after tea. Then leave. No fuss, no lateness for work. Good luck whatever you try...

slartybartfast Fri 14-Jan-11 21:16:34

does she need her iron testing?
if she can't sleep at night that is hard for her. i agree with a short nap.

TarkaLiotta Fri 14-Jan-11 22:21:19

slartybartfast Fri 14-Jan-11 22:50:33

can you stick her in front of some boring telly?
i found that helped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: