Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

cleaning cotbed mattress

(3 Posts)
sparkleshine Fri 14-Jan-11 09:40:20

Hi
Ok so I know I am probably posting this in the wrong place but no idea where to put it.

I have yet to wash/clean my DS cotbed mattress (the outer removable bit) and was about to put in wash due to numerous dribble stains, but it says not to use biological detergents, or bleach or abrasives. Also leave to dry naturally.

Does this mean I can use non-biological degergent?
Do you think if i put it on at 60 deg wash now it will be dry for 8pm tonight? Is it ok to put in the airing cupboard where heating has been on?

Also it is a Mammas and Papas sleepfresh regulair one. Anyone else have one of these and could advise please?
It is supposed to be a antimicrobial and prevents against dustmites etc. If I wash it, willl this be affected?

Thanks

rockinhippy Fri 14-Jan-11 15:00:50

Yes, non bio is fine, & they do dry pretty quickly but would probably fair better if you've an open warm space to dry it in, radiator especially

mama2alex Fri 14-Jan-11 19:55:18

I think the antibacteria thing is in the fabric fibres so washing it won't affect it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: