Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

3 car seats in back of car

(8 Posts)
niamh29 Mon 10-Jan-11 20:25:37

Hi, I'm just a few weeks from having no 3 and my DH can't get 3 car seats in the back of his car, we will have a newborn, one in the 9month-4year seat and one in a booster seat. I have an MPV so my car is fine but we need both cars as one drops the kids off and one collects. Any advice or recommendations?

ChippyMinton Mon 10-Jan-11 20:28:38

Can you put the eldest in the front seat if its only your DH and the DC?

niamh29 Mon 10-Jan-11 20:36:29

She's only 4.5 so think she's a bit young, we could put the rear facing in the front seat but it doesn't solve the problem long term.

tabulahrasa Mon 10-Jan-11 20:39:33

put her in the front - as long as she's in a car seat it's fine

Plumm Mon 10-Jan-11 20:41:54

I often put my 4.5 in t he front seat (with air bag disabled).

We were looking at Jag X types recently and the salesman said you can fit three kid seats in the back, but I haven't tried so don't know for sure (jag don't make them anymore so you can pick up 3/4 year old ones for around 10k)

D0G Mon 10-Jan-11 20:42:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

D0G Mon 10-Jan-11 20:43:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sazm Mon 10-Jan-11 22:05:00

what type of car does he have? you can get narrow boosters in tesco (black about £7) put it in middle with the babyseat at one side and the 9m+ seat at other side???

i could fit 3 carseats in a 3 door corsa so im sure something is possible!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: