Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

realistic exercises for new mummys? not sure where to post

(11 Posts)
Dozeyland Sun 09-Jan-11 22:39:54

any ideas?

Porcelain Sun 09-Jan-11 23:59:46

10th minute solutions dvds. Choose whichever style suits you, maybe pilates, if you have a birth ball the pilates on the ball is fun. The series does 5 10th minute workouts which you can do one at a time or combine so it fits in naptime.

llareggub Mon 10-Jan-11 00:01:19

How new are we talking and what were your previous fitness levels like?

Dozeyland Mon 10-Jan-11 10:05:39

DD is 10weeks old, um fitness level i ok!

Cosmosis Mon 10-Jan-11 10:17:11

I started running again at about that point, would go for 20 mins when dh got home from work. He got to play with ds on his own and I got to get out of the house on my own!

Greeninkmama Mon 10-Jan-11 11:22:49

gentle pelvic lifts and some yoga will do. That and lots and lots of walking with the pram.

Dozeyland Mon 10-Jan-11 16:35:09

i am lighter than i was before pregnancy (high metabolism i think) but i just want to tone legs,bums, tum... i know the jell belly bit will probably stay just want to tone really & feel good about myself...

Dozeyland Mon 10-Jan-11 16:35:55

but obviously needs to w around DD, i might do a class in the evening when DP gets home once a week. along with walking with pram etc...

muslimah28 Mon 10-Jan-11 16:38:40

try 'postnatal fitness fix' dvd. Very gentle.

putthekettleon Mon 10-Jan-11 18:50:05

find out if there is a Buggyfit class near you - I did it with DD1 and it was great. Even if we did look like a bunch of loons jogging and squatting with our buggies at 10am on a monday morning...

muslimah28 Wed 12-Jan-11 15:42:01

i went to matalan this week and there was a sports voucher book in the carrier bag and it had a voucher for 3 free buggyfit classes! may be worth a trip so you can try it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now