Talk

Advanced search

A question about ds' willy!

(6 Posts)
OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:08:24

Sorry, this might sound stupid but my firend has a 5 yr old who's little boy is having to go into hospital to have his foreskin freed off because it doesn't move and he gets a lot of infections because of this.

My ds is 3 and his willy is tiny (sorry if this sounds stupid but it doesn't seem to be any bigger than when he was a tiny baby) and his foreskin doesn't move either.

I keep getting conflicting advice about this. Some people say I should be encouraging it to move by trying to free it off in the bath which I just don't really want to do in case I hurt him. Others say leave well alone.

What is normal? Should his foreskin be free by now and what should I be doing?

Thank you for reading.

TheSugarPlumFairy Sat 08-Jan-11 22:20:30

i think i would go to the GP and get their advice.

OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:21:48

OK thank you. I will go and mention it to see. I'd hate to do something wrong and do more harm than good and also I don't really feel comfortable doing it without knowing that I should be doing it iyswim?

Seona1973 Sat 08-Jan-11 22:52:39

ds's foreskin doesnt retract fully yet(age 4.3 years) but not all do by his age. If he is not getting infections and he is not bothered then I would leave it alone. The only person that should retract the foreskin is the owner of it!

OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:56:33

Thank you Seona, very helpful! I have been doing research on internet and it gave same advice. He hasn't had any infections so far touch wood so I am leaving it alone! Apparently some don't free off until they reach puberty. Phew, can stop worrying now thank you!

SixtyFootDoll Sat 08-Jan-11 22:56:40

At 3 that is normal I would leave it alone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now