Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

A question about ds' willy!

(6 Posts)
OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:08:24

Sorry, this might sound stupid but my firend has a 5 yr old who's little boy is having to go into hospital to have his foreskin freed off because it doesn't move and he gets a lot of infections because of this.

My ds is 3 and his willy is tiny (sorry if this sounds stupid but it doesn't seem to be any bigger than when he was a tiny baby) and his foreskin doesn't move either.

I keep getting conflicting advice about this. Some people say I should be encouraging it to move by trying to free it off in the bath which I just don't really want to do in case I hurt him. Others say leave well alone.

What is normal? Should his foreskin be free by now and what should I be doing?

Thank you for reading.

TheSugarPlumFairy Sat 08-Jan-11 22:20:30

i think i would go to the GP and get their advice.

OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:21:48

OK thank you. I will go and mention it to see. I'd hate to do something wrong and do more harm than good and also I don't really feel comfortable doing it without knowing that I should be doing it iyswim?

Seona1973 Sat 08-Jan-11 22:52:39

ds's foreskin doesnt retract fully yet(age 4.3 years) but not all do by his age. If he is not getting infections and he is not bothered then I would leave it alone. The only person that should retract the foreskin is the owner of it!

OddBodd Sat 08-Jan-11 22:56:33

Thank you Seona, very helpful! I have been doing research on internet and it gave same advice. He hasn't had any infections so far touch wood so I am leaving it alone! Apparently some don't free off until they reach puberty. Phew, can stop worrying now thank you!

SixtyFootDoll Sat 08-Jan-11 22:56:40

At 3 that is normal I would leave it alone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: