Talk

Advanced search

How much milk to leave

(2 Posts)
FloweryBoots Fri 07-Jan-11 10:37:48

HI. I have a 4 1/2 month old DS who I am leaving for the first time tonight (with DH) to go to a party. I'll be leaving at 6 and back about 11.30pm. He is exclusively brest fed and although we've given him the odd bit of expressed milk in a bottle to make sure he will take a bottle, he's never had a whole feed from one. So, how much expressed milk should I leave? I've no idea how much one feed will be for him. I think he would probably usually have 2 feeds in this time so want to have enough for that plus extra incase he's particularly unsettled since I'm not there with the actual boob! Any advice appreciated!

Porcelain Fri 07-Jan-11 14:50:19

Mine takes 4-7 floz in an expressed feed. I tend to express a 4-6 oz bottle per feed due, but have expressed milk frozen in 4oz portions so DH can feed more if he needs to. If I am leaving him with someone outside my house, I leave one more feed than he will need, just in case; as he has been known to take more, or have a feed he wasn't due when I leave him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now