Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

17mo only naps in pram on the move!

(5 Posts)
chocolatepuff Thu 06-Jan-11 19:42:27

which is ok in summer, but horrible that i've got us in this situation for the winter months as i get freezing/soaked/exhausted, trawling round outside. sometimes we havent been out in the pram cos the weathers been too bad (like when it snowed) and shes had no nap at all -and is consequently totally over tired all afternoon.
have done cc for the night time and was going to do it for her day sleep but read on here that it doesnt work as its a different kind of sleep?

any advice greatly appreciated!

mrsmusic Thu 06-Jan-11 22:21:11

I haven't really any advice to offer I'm afraid, just writing to say that our 17mo dd is exactly the same! She goes down so happily and sleeps so well on a night though. She just will not go down for us anywhere in the daytime. Since about a month ago there have been quite a few days where she hasn't had a nap; if this happens then it's a little earlier to bed, a little later to get up in the morning (when possible! Depends if she's at the childminder) and we just make sure she has some more chilled out time, say sat reading some books and having a cuddle.

chocolatepuff Fri 07-Jan-11 16:28:16

same here, goes down perfectly well at night and generally sleeps through. as i went out on a walk for her to sleep today i thought- this is crazy, the only respite you get with toddlers/babies is when theyre asleep, i dont want to have to be walking her round everyday and not getting a break(its not like i can go for a coffee as she wakes up as soon as the atmosphere changes around her!) i think i'm going to implement cc in the day.. i'll let you know how it goes and if it works mrsmusic!

InmaculadaConcepcion Fri 07-Jan-11 17:56:26

I hear you. My DD (11 months) is the same. Although she will also nap in a moving car-seat (in the car, obviously!) or moving sling.

On the plus side, it ensures I get some air and exercise every day and I've now made sure I've got fully waterproof and very warm clothes to wear so discomfort is minimised.

I'm also able to eat loads of chocolate and still lose weight. smile

chocolatepuff Fri 07-Jan-11 18:36:25

like the positive outlook immaculada, i eat chocolate everyday too out of neccesity altho i think im begining to need something harder to see me through the days now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now