Talk

Advanced search

How often does your 2 yo poo?

(9 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 05-Jan-11 20:45:48

I know everyone is different and toddlers aren't supposed to eat much but still ... DD has been a regular once-a-dayer since she was about 4 weeks old. She's not been eating a huge amount over the last week or so and her poops have gone AWOL - nothing yesterday or today (not sure about the day before). She's had quite a few dried apricots over the last couple of days and has a fair amount of liquid (does drink water and is still bfed on demand - though come to think of it her nappies have been quite dry this evening and yesterday evening). I'm just concerned that she might be constipated, unless it's normal for them to suddenly start eating/pooing less at this age.

Thanks for reading, hope you weren't eating your tea wink

mamsnet Wed 05-Jan-11 21:00:27

Would be more concerned at the dry nappies..

Tras Wed 05-Jan-11 21:02:50

Would recommend really soft, juicy conference pears. My son had really severe constipation and his consultant said that pears are the best for softening poo. {smile}

Mssoul Wed 05-Jan-11 21:05:07

My dd at 2 went right off her food and her pooing slowed down. Now, at 2.4, she is back to eating well and pooing daily. Twice today at nursery - result grin

stottiecake Wed 05-Jan-11 21:35:19

My 2 year old was also a regular once a dayer but has recently got really fussy with food (which is a massive bummer as he has that many flippin allergies/ intollerances we have to avoid most things anyway - pah!)

So we are now on one poo every 2nd/ 3rd day. He is also breastfed and I make sure he has access to a drink at all times.

Think the main problem is the lack of fruit and veg - he is offered five portions but he probably manages one or two on a good day.

Am trying not to be stressed about it hmm but I do feel guilty.

CrispyTheCrisp Wed 05-Jan-11 21:37:15

Every 2 days without fail grin

Is a nightmare trying to potty train her though as she does it so infrequently she can't get used to the sensation. DD1 poo'd about 3 times a day hmmgrin

DitaVonCheese Wed 05-Jan-11 22:10:11

Okay, so this isn't totally abnormal then. I have some pears ripening in the fruit bowl at the moment

mamsnet I was a bit surprised at the dry nappies tbh but other ones she's had on have been good and wet plus she drank a beaker of apple juice + water at my granny's house this afternoon so I know she definitely took in some liquid. She had plenty of water with her dinner tonight as well. Will keep an eye on it anyway.

If all else fails, the HV is visiting on Friday to do her two year check ... I'll be a nervous wreck if she hasn't pooed by then confused

mamsnet Wed 05-Jan-11 22:13:24

Well, that's lucky that you have someone coming round on Friday anyway..

Good Luck

DitaVonCheese Thu 06-Jan-11 23:04:40

The eagle has landed grin

It was pretty squishy (pretty foul actually) so does that mean she probably wasn't constipated?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now