Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

DD has always been bugged with tangles, help with hair cut ideas!!

(4 Posts)
lexcat Tue 04-Jan-11 15:13:04

DD 9 hair is about 2-3 inches beyond her shoulders. Dd has had very short hair and is enjoying the length except for the tangles. I often plait it at night and has helps, I also encourage her to condition her hair, but as puberty is hitting her hairs going greasy so don't condition ever wash. Did use sprays but with the greasy hair we would be washing every day.

Dd's due a hair cut and I know she won't go short again. Would something like layers help with the tangles. Any idea gratefully received.

DilysPrice Tue 04-Jan-11 15:36:39

Have you tried a Tangle Teaser? If you had one of those you might not need a haircut at all.

lexcat Tue 04-Jan-11 21:06:35

No haven't tried the tangle teaser but tried simular when dd was younger. Dd main concern seens to be that her hair is seen as been 'cool'. Dd loved her short hair (Audrey Hepburn pixie cut), care wise but she got teased so much she grew her hair. Now about 2 years later we are back to the battle of hair.

Was thinking an inverted bob 'cool' or not. Then it will be shorter but not really short, girly and in vogue. Just got to get dd round to my way of thinking. I hate peer pressure.

Magicmayhem Tue 04-Jan-11 22:38:49

always put the conditioner on the ends of the hair... that way the roots don't get greasy smile sorted, tangle free... also a good wide tooth comb helps, start coming at the ends and work up to the roots

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: