Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

18yr and alcohol :(

(3 Posts)
hypnopombic Sat 01-Jan-11 20:26:47

Hi there
Does anyone have any experience of teenagers getting stupidly drunk. This happened to my son 6 mths ago. At the time is thought...well dont all teenagers have this kind of experience? You know experimenting and not knowing their limits? Last night i spent the turn of the NY on the M8 after a call from one of his friends that my son was smashed and could i pick him up. He insists on only drinking vodka and doesnt seem to know when he's had enough. I'm now getting really worried about why he's doing this. He has jeopordised good friendships with decent kids and that upsets me most of all. I bravely posted on mumsnet for the first time a few days ago saying that i was going to get back some kind of life for myself. This has reminded me of how hard this is. Is it possible to compartmentalise these things so that you remain intact and free and sane! Probably not

TheVisitor Sat 01-Jan-11 20:30:08

He may be 18, but he's still your child and recently my lad did this and I grounded him for a week. He felt very stupid afterwards, particularly that he'd had to call friends to bring him home. Your lad's only done it twice, so I don't think you need to worry just yet. Mine's done it 3 times between the ages of 16 and 18 and seems to have learned his lesson.

hypnopombic Sat 01-Jan-11 20:34:45

Thanks TheVisitor
Well he's only done it twice to my knowledge. Sometimes he's "with his dad" and he often spends the night at his girlfriends and then goes to his dad's the next day. So i cant know for sure. He was pretty ill this morning but a bit blazey and not that remorseful. Worried

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: