Talk

Advanced search

Friend's baby in hospital :(

(8 Posts)
Pippaandpolly Thu 30-Dec-10 20:09:16

My friend took her baby (3 months old) to the GP for a check up today who promptly told her to take her to hospital but didn't seem to be clear as to why. Her husband's at the hospital now with their daughter and she's at home with their son. The baby's having an x-ray but apart from that she doesn't know what's going on at all. The baby hasn't had a flu jab so I wondered if they're worried about flu as she's had a bit of a cold. Very worrying

comewhinewithme Thu 30-Dec-10 20:12:16

They may be doing a chest x-ray. Chest infections and brochoilitis are very common in young babies at this time of year.She is in the best place and I hope she recovers soon.

bluejeans Thu 30-Dec-10 20:14:19

Sorry to hear that.

My DD was hospitalised as a baby with an infection called RSV. She was fine and discharged the next day. She had to get a chest X-ray while in hospital so maybe something similar?

Pippaandpolly Thu 30-Dec-10 20:20:50

Fingers crossed all will be fine - I'm sure it will, it's just horrible. Thanks for your kind words comewhine and bluejeans

Sirzy Thu 30-Dec-10 20:55:51

Hope all is ok. Like PP I would imagine it would be a chest x ray. Whenever DS has been in hospital with his chest they have done a chest x ray to help know what they are dealing with.

Bronchiolitis (RSV) often starts with a cold so if the GP noticed other signs that concerned him he may have decided it was best to get checked.

I would tell your friends husband though to ask what they think is wrong, any good peads unit will make sure that parents are informed about everything.

Pippaandpolly Thu 30-Dec-10 21:10:54

She just called - it's a virus but is ok and they're on their way home Shocked at the hospital though - they gave practically no info till the last minute so my friends were going out of their minds.

bluejeans Thu 30-Dec-10 21:37:24

That's good news, Pip, glad they are getting home!

TickettyBoo Sun 02-Jan-11 22:14:39

Sounds frightening for them! Glad to her lo is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now