Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Two year old girl looking at private parts

(11 Posts)
vanillacinamon Wed 29-Dec-10 14:24:54

Please tell me it is entirely normal for my two year old girl to look (i.e. inspect) her private parts) as soon as I whip off her nappy to put her in the bath.
She does this most days. It looks like curiosity on her part more than anything (I try to ignore her) but she is fairly consistent about it. She usually forgets about it once I have put her in the bath. She is just turned 2. She hates nursery and her language is not good enough to tell me why so I am absolutely resisting any mad notion that anyone is doing anything to her at nursery and I want to know that all little ones go through a phase of this. Thoughts?

usualsuspect Wed 29-Dec-10 14:26:16

Sounds normal to me

vanillacinamon Wed 29-Dec-10 14:27:21

great, thanks usual

ChippingIn Wed 29-Dec-10 14:30:41

Perfectly normal & don't expect it to stop anytime soon! She'll soon discover you can put things in there too... it's all a learning curve! Best to just ignore it.

vanillacinamon Wed 29-Dec-10 14:31:28

thanks chipping, helpful heads up to a new parent (namely me).

veritythebrave Wed 29-Dec-10 14:31:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mumbybumby Wed 29-Dec-10 14:32:16

Second that.
My DD is 21 months and recently discovered them too. She always has a look and a poke about when she's naked and even took her trousers and nappy off at nursery one day for a closer inspection! They weren't worried and neither am I.
Distracting her with something else is the only thing that seems to work!
HTH

veritythebrave Wed 29-Dec-10 14:33:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goblinchild Wed 29-Dec-10 14:34:11

Especially when they are still wearing nappies and suddenly something new is revealed.
Trust me, boys are much more obvious about inspecting their bits and like an audience too.

vanillacinamon Wed 29-Dec-10 14:34:55

thanks all
i am sure it is not the nursery. just trying to (rightly) separate the problems with her not liking being left at nursery with totally unconnected things
thank you for everyones thoughts

vanillacinamon Wed 29-Dec-10 14:36:02

i also have a 7 month old son who constantly has his hand "down there" but strangely enough I was not worried about that and just thought "he is a boy" LOL

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: