Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Where can I get a desk/chair for my 6 yr old?

(13 Posts)
dietqueen Tue 28-Dec-10 09:32:19

sorry for posting here but this thread always comes up with solutions!

DS doing lots of drawing and writing lately and want to find a wooden desk/chair for him...all the ones Ive found are for smaller children.

any ideas?

LIZS Tue 28-Dec-10 09:33:18

Ikea or think argos had one on offer in their sale

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 09:34:25

can't he just have a normal desk? My 8yo has my old student one that we got from MFI, he has had it since he was around 5yo.
Check out Argos for ideas - maybe something like this as he would have a place to store bits.

dietqueen Tue 28-Dec-10 09:35:38

thanks for ideas.

I Wanted it for the lounge as his bedroom is a box room and very, very small

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 09:36:56

what about (and thinking ahead) a bed with a desk incorporated - more cost now, but maybe useful as he gets older as his bedroom is small.

dietqueen Tue 28-Dec-10 09:45:20

chasing - yes I do plan to get one if these but not until DS starts to go to bed on his own without me being in the room...just another mile stone to conqueur - the bed/desk is his reward once he starts doign this.

What I want in a small type desk/chair for the lounge or even a table for him to write, do lego etc...

Pannacotta Tue 28-Dec-10 09:50:51

This one looks good (Noah) and I like the bit that goes above it to store stationery etc
www.featherandblack.com/Childrens/Furniture/Desks- -Desk-Accessories.ice

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 10:07:26

what about something like this?
Not sure if it would be too small?

but "lego at a table"?? Lego needs a massive sheet spread on the floor and all lego tipped out so it can be rooted through - and then the sheet can be used to just tip it all back in at the end!

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 10:07:55

could have that one against a wall and just use 1 of the benches.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 10:08:38

oh - but it is out of stock

tinselistooaddictive Tue 28-Dec-10 10:09:39

Try eBay, you can get sons fantastic bargains as people have s clear out to make room for this years toys!

dietqueen Tue 28-Dec-10 10:09:54

thanks chasing - I tink I may go for this one
www.johnlewis.com/230133351/Product.aspx or toysrus have a cheaper one

ChasingSquirrels Tue 28-Dec-10 10:16:43

that's lovely - was just going to search for a desk type.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now