Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Physical activities for 2.8yo boy? Football, Tumble tots?

(6 Posts)
homelyperson Fri 24-Dec-10 20:19:38

Hi there. I am looking for some structured physical activities for my 2.8yo DS1, where I can go and stay with my 2 month old DS2. Anyone tried football clubs or Tumble tots? Anyone has any experience on what's worth, as it is lots of money at the end of the day.
Any opinion appreciated.

KatyMac Fri 24-Dec-10 22:27:38

TBH Homelyperson, an awful of boys that age will struggle with anything too structured; just running around in the park would be fine (& cheaper), throwing a ball (or a frisbee) for him to bring back

Tumble tots you would have to join in (iirc)

KenDoddsDadsDogEatsTinsel Fri 24-Dec-10 22:30:25

My friend's DS is two and has started Soccertots. Apparently it's really good.

Tryharder Sat 25-Dec-10 22:59:20

My eldest son went to Gymboree which was quite good IIRC. I used to go with DS2 in the sling and just duck out of anything that was too physical. Have also heard good things about Soccertots but haven't been myself.

Clary Sat 25-Dec-10 23:06:27

I wouldn't bother with football clubs at his age.

TBH if any will take him, first you will have to stay there, and second unless he is very focused IME he won't get enough out of it to justify the money.

Most 2yos can't concentrate on kicking a ball etc for an hour. I coach football and it's hard enough getting a gang of 7yos to do it! grin

Wehave had good success with gym tho - all of mine did a pre-school gym class run by the local council; up to 3 you stayed with them and they did what they wanted; after 3yo they did it as a class with no parents there.

For DS2 in partic it has been great, he is now 7 and has just passed his level 1 gym badge (it goes from level 8 up to 1).

Roo83 Sun 26-Dec-10 08:20:47

We do rugbytots-they take them from 2.5yrs. It's based loosely around rugby but mainly running round,playing games and having fun! You do have to help with some exercises but I have a baby too and if she's crying or I'm feeding the coaches help ds

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: