We are due to go to our neighbours' for dinner tomorrow evening with dd, 5. They have a 5 yr-old and a 3 mo-old. Dd has had a persistent cough with low-mod fever for 10 days. Went to drs yesterday and they say no chest infection. Should I suggest we postpone to another time?
Personally I would, but otherwise I would discuss with your neighbours. She might be having a virus, and although she might have low grade fever, it might be a different story for another child. Also, not sure if it would be much fun for your dd if she is a bit under the weather.
I think since they have a baby, I'd give them the info and let them consider rescheduling it - they might be fine about it (second children being expected to cope with germs!) or they might prefer not to have the baby catch something so near to Christmas.
I don't want to put the mum in the position of having to say no - I think I will suggest we postpone. I know some people would not be bothered and some would - I suspect my neighbour is more cautious.
Dd is not all that ill in herself and we are going a bit stir crazy at home. All social engagements for the last week have been cancelled either due to illness or snow. I think, rather selfishly, I was looking forward to seeing other human beings....