Talk

Advanced search

i fall in love with my dcs more and more every day.

(15 Posts)
ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Mon 20-Dec-10 16:42:46

today's gems

ds1 (5) has made an invention. he has placed a plastic child's chair over the arm of the sofa... and that's it. that's the invention. no name, no purpose, but he is all chuffed with himself. hmm

ds2 (18 months) has perfected the fake whimper in order to get hugs and head stroking. as soon as i stop for a few seconds, he startes it again. it honestly is teh cutest thing.

Pisky Mon 20-Dec-10 19:37:46

smile

TurkeyMartini Mon 20-Dec-10 20:05:33

smile Sweet.

I have thoughts like this about my two as well but am always too shy to start a thread in case it sounds smug (yours does not).

There are so many posts about problems and people struggling with family life; I do have days when I struggle too, but I'm so glad, grateful and relieved that loving our dcseems to come easily to both me and dp. I know we are fortunate for that reason alone.

Lovely wee DS and lovely tiny DD. They ROCK. Thanks for starting a thread where I could say that.

lolalotta Mon 20-Dec-10 20:13:01

How cute!
My very very nearly one year old has learnt how to roar like a dinosaur, she seems very proud of herself too!
She is very cute when she does it!grin

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Mon 20-Dec-10 20:20:59

oh yes. i have my bad days too. infact most day s contain a certain elementy of both bad and good.! smile

lolalotta, i remember that phase. ds used to sound like a philosoraptor (i know that is completely wrong spelling)

neverenoughMEtime Mon 20-Dec-10 20:32:55

Very cute

My DD 11mo does the fake cry too, she screws up her chubby little face, looks at me and does this little fake cry, it gets louder and louder until i put out my arms to pick her up and then she does the cutest little giggle grin i love it. My nan tut tuts and tells me im spoiling her and she is attention seeking...who gives a damn she is a happy baby and i am a happy mummy!

My DD1 4yo sings the whole song from the start of Zigby on cbeebies in the cutest voice ever...i'll be making her packed lunch in the kitchen all blurry eyed in the morning and suddenly it comes on tv and she'll pipe up "on a tropical island far away..." grin Always makes me smile.

Love my kids more than anything in the whole world..it overwhelmes me sometimes just how much

lolalotta Mon 20-Dec-10 21:18:17

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo I'm not sure what a philosoraptor sounds like heehee, maybe I will have to watch Jurasic park again! Am loving this thread, makes me smile grin

AngelsfromtherealmsofgloryDog Mon 20-Dec-10 21:20:41

Me too. My nearly-one-year-old loves to give me a big sloppy kiss - then follows it with a 'mwah' noise after a second or two's delay. grin

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Mon 20-Dec-10 21:22:11

it's liek a big scary echoey squawk!! maybe more liek a crow cawwing confused grin

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Mon 20-Dec-10 21:25:37

They are just so lovely. Even when they're not. My 3 amaze me all the time. I never understood that thing about your heart growing more for each one, but it does.

sneakapeak Wed 22-Dec-10 22:23:56

My 3 yr old DS and 1 yr old DD have a cute day each.

One will piss me off and the other will make up with it by being uber cute grin.

Took them to see Santa today and when they announced his arrival and jingled the bells he was beside himself, shouting 'Santa Santa', I couldn't see anything after that, I had pools in my eyes!

1 yr old DD is far too cute for words.
As we spend alot of our time blowing rasberry's on them she thinks this is a normal daily greeting.
If she see's any bare skin, even a shin bone, she's in there and she puts alot of effort into it. So much so she sometimed rests her head on the wet patch for a mo to catch her breath!!

preciousmum Thu 23-Dec-10 22:28:01

Having children is the best thing that can happens.I do enjoy being with my DS 5 and 27month.They do get on very well,looking after each other,when one fall over,you see the other one giving magic kiss or strok to make him feel better.My 27 month still share the bed with me,or in the middle of the night,he leave his cot and jump into my bed.And i have no problem with that neither my DH.And this holiday they are both sleeping with me in bed,i am enjoying it.I remember myself sharing the bed with my mum till a very late age,and it is a wonderfull memories.This childhood phase would not last for ever,i am taking it as it and trying to make the most of it.When i look back at the photos,i realise how quick time flys.Enjoy your time being mums,and have a great Christmess smile.

shandybass Thu 23-Dec-10 23:09:11

Yes I'm with you all. I'm just so grateful for all dcs little joys. Even though dd1 can whine for Britain her smile and laugh come easily as well and dd2 is just the cutesy thing. I think again it's something to do with her noises, being pre verbal, which have an enormous range.

peppermintpig Thu 23-Dec-10 23:28:30

Oh yes absolutely agree. Have a long thread going at the moment about DS1's sleep problems but just writing it about it makes me realise how much I adore him and I could go and wake him up right now and tell him so.

Ofcourse I won't because that would be STUPID!

Love all of them and all of their craziness.

MsChristmas Thu 23-Dec-10 23:51:31

Lovely thread. DD1 asked me earlier if I could ring the queen and make christmas tomorrow as 'I can't wait any longer'
DD2 has a bad chest infection and is miserable, but comes over every so often with her arms out and a lip wobble saying 'can i have a little cuddle' and then snuggling for a minute, saying 'thanks' and getting down. very sweet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now