Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

london families, are your online grocery deliveries arriving?

(12 Posts)
cornonthecob Mon 20-Dec-10 09:58:07

ours is booked thursday 4pm, should we be looking into plan b?

main roads are clear of snow but residential streets not!

dietcokesholidaysarecoming Mon 20-Dec-10 10:06:48

Yes definately plan B.

Im not really affected by snow today by best friend is 10 miles away. Its so unpredictable. Am off to the shop now to get christmas essentials. Once all the goods are purchased will cancel my wednesday delivery

They are only closed for two days and I am sure we can nip to corner shop for anything desperate!

orangina Mon 20-Dec-10 10:10:28

Would definitely look into plan B.

Ocado delivered to us on saturday morning, just before the snow started. I have Waitrose delivery booked on thursday afternoon (will shop and thur morning and leave it there for them to deliver later), but if weather vile, I can always lug it home myself.... worth a go?

Firawla Mon 20-Dec-10 13:36:51

whereabouts are you? mine came yesterday no problem but we are quite central (holloway) and there is less snow here than a bit further out

SlightlyTubbyHali Mon 20-Dec-10 13:41:10

I'm in N London and have seen the intrepid Ocado man out in all weathers. We've not ordered lately but he certainly made it to us (ungritted sidestreet) when it was very snowy in Feb.

cornonthecob Mon 20-Dec-10 17:04:32

I amazingoy managed to get a slot with ocado tomorrow night delivery £8.99 but worth it! Plus they have 33% off prsecco so a bonus!If they don't make it then I have sainsburys back up Thursday or trip to the shops on bus with 2 dc. We're in n5 so quite central but bin men didn't make it today nor the postie, then again maybe we have none today!

goingforit Mon 20-Dec-10 17:13:52

Iceland about a mile away

Understandably did not deliver my goods on Saturday but did not phone either to arrange a new time or tell me they werent delivering

Phoned them myself -arranged timeslot for this morning - but no delivery. Roads are not that bad and other company vans are on road. Rang them again - no communication from them. They wont risk their vans and say they phoned all customers to come to collect their orders, they did not. I cant collect. I ordered too much to take on bus.

Latest is they hope to deliver tomorrow. If they cant because of weather, they will not with no promise of ever delivering. Not impressed being that I paid cash for said goods on Saturday. More aggravation than enough.

Ladyface Mon 20-Dec-10 18:10:52

My parents big christmas shop was cancelled by Sainsbury's yesterday (delivery was for today). They are NW London. My dad is disabled and my mum doesn't drive. I really enjoyed the trip to the store today to replace it so thanks Sainsbury's hmm

ladysybil Mon 20-Dec-10 18:13:05

tesco delivered mine today, only fifteen minutes late. but sadly, they didnt bother subsituting anything, which was rather annoying.
asda cancelled friends order on saturday

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 20-Dec-10 18:18:18

Not grocery but my M&S xmas presents arrived on time today (in a slot booked pre-snow). Am in north london. I've also seen the various supermarket vans out and about.

Orissiah Tue 21-Dec-10 13:12:34

I'm in North London. All my Amazon and other company parcels made it through the snow; the postman is still making his deliveries; and I've seen the Ocado vans out and about in the snowy side roads so hoping my due delivery (1-2pm today) will make it. However, the dustbin and recycling men didn't make it today.

cornonthecob Tue 21-Dec-10 17:34:32

ocado just texted me (first order) saying they are coming YAYE (9.30pm/10.30pm)! gave me a heads up on the 2 subsitutions (lurpak and lemons) and even gave me the name of the driver and his van reg!! is this the norm??

now if only ocado did nectar or clubcard rewards!! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: