Talk

Advanced search

13 MO suffering with trapped wind

(3 Posts)
KatyS36 Sat 11-Dec-10 13:34:17

Hi all,

DD is 13 months old and generally well and healthy.

Over the last week or so she has had a mild stomach upset i.e. loose nappies and being a bit under the weather.

She generally sleeps well at night, but over the last three nights she's been up several times at night, she has appeared in mild discomfort, and to put it bluntly farts a lot, which is unusual for her.

Has anybody else come across this, and is there something we could give her to help with all this trapped wind?

Many thanks

Katy

ThisIsYourSong Sat 11-Dec-10 16:14:00

What about infacol or gripe water or one of the other remedies on the market? I know these are intended for younger babies with milk wind problems but it could be worth a try?

Apparently stomach upsets can cause temporary lactose intolerance in some babies. Might be worth looking it up to see if it matches any symptoms your DS has. I think the only answer for this is to stop milk or change to soy milk for a couple of weeks and then switch back and see if its any better.

Hope this helps...

wannabeglam Sat 11-Dec-10 20:52:09

yes, maybe keep her off milk for a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now