Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

How can I help dd get to sleep?

(3 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 06-Dec-10 14:05:59

Dd1 (9.5) has always had a late body clock, ie goes to sleep late, gets up late. However lately it has becoming worse and worse and I'm getting worried.

I like her in bed by 8-8.30pm and she reads till 9pm or so. But she's often still awake much later than this - sometimes past 10pm. She's impossible get up in the morning of course but once she's had breakfast she's normally ok.

She just seems to have a lot of energy in the evening and can't get to sleep. She gets enough exercise btw - she does a lot of ballet which seems to energise her even more rather than make her tired.

0karen Tue 07-Dec-10 23:55:23

Sounds as if you need to get her to burn off some energy, get her to play out more or/and do you have a Wii get her some dance games and exercise games they are so fun

Alternatively take her to the park and get her to fetch a ball

Othersideofthechannel Wed 08-Dec-10 01:02:39

As you say she is already getting plenty of exercise, maybe she needs a longer wind-down time? Can you get her into her bed earlier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now