I have 2 beautiful children, my DS is 4 and a half years old my my DD is 10 months. After we had our daughter I said that I would love to have another soonish as I found it was like starting all over again leaving a 4 year age gap. My DH always wanted 3 children but as soon as DD was born 'changed' his mind and was happy with the two of them, I decided to start an access course for uni as I was under the impression he wanted to wait a few years before having anymore if at all. My problem is that this morning we done the deed without contreception and when I said about getting the morning after pill DH shocked me by asking me not to and lets see what happens I have said that I will think about it but obviously I need to be quick, I really don't know what I want My course finishes in June but I have applied to uni's to start in Sept 2011, any advise would be really helpful, has anyone else been in this situation??
I havn't been where you are, but if I were I think my decision would be based on how much family support you have, how well you cope with pregnancy (morning sickness etc), how you would cope putting 2 little ones into childcare if you go back to uni and how much help you DH is around the house. If you have 3 small kids, doing a degree and running a house is not going to be a picnic.
I gave up my OU courses when I was pregnant with DC3, it was just too much!
BUT on the other hand, when is the perfect time to have kids?
it's a bit unfair of your dh to make you decide like this really!
The fact that you are in this situation makes me think that on some level you want another baby, I may be wrong but otherwise I think you would have sorted out a prefered method of contraception rather than the morning after pill (which is not at reliable - I know from 1st hand experience!!) 3 kids will be hard and I imagine mean putting your course and uni on the backburner for a while but I am one of 3 and loved having 2 brothers!!
Thanks for your replies After a lot of thinking about it I decided to take the morning after pill today, I realised that I have plenty of time to have another baby. Also I have put so much time and effort in to my course I think it would be a complete waste of my time if I had to give it up.
I still feel completely torn because I do really want another baby and the thought of waiting another 4 years upsets me a little but I really want to go to uni next year. I do feel that it was a little unfair of my DH but I know that he just wanted to let me know that he has changed his mind and I was really struggling with my workload and mentioned in a moment of madness that I might think about giving the course up.