Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Dh annoying the kids.

(6 Posts)
babytinkabell Tue 30-Nov-10 21:03:38

My dh and I have 2 chidren, a 4 year old dd and 8 year old ds. My problem is the way in which dh interacts with them. Dh and I both work, him full time, me part time. I get home around 4 after collecting the kids from cm. Get homework and dinner done and the dh comes home around 6.30/7. He winds the kids up SO much from the minute he walks in the door, it drives me mad. If dd is eating sweets he will just take one out of the bag, not because he wants one, just to annoy her. Same with ds, he will just annoy him and annoy him until ds ends up getting really angry or ends up crying. Neither of the kids ever cry when dh isn't here. Maybe occasionally if they are ill or hurt themselves but it is rare. Yet when dh is here all I hear is screaming, whinging and crying. It drives me mad. It was so bad this evenin that our 14 yr old foster daughter told dh 4 times to stop making dd scream.
Am i over reacting? There are some days when I wish he wuldn't bother coming home until they are in bed. Its such hard work when he's here. He never plays with the kids or has a proper conversation with them. Its all just stupid irritating crap.
Apologies for the rant lol. Just had a really bad evening of it.

Beamur Tue 30-Nov-10 21:06:45

He sounds a right PITA.
Not surprised you're feeling a bit cheesed off.

SkyBluePearl Tue 30-Nov-10 21:50:42

that would annoy the hell out of me and my kids! can you and the kids sit down and talk to him about it? Maybe give him some ideas for more constructive communcation.

LynetteScavo Tue 30-Nov-10 21:53:34

I hate blokes like this.

Which is why I didn't marry one.

Does he ever tease your foster daughter to the point she gets annoyed?

Actually if someone did this to my kids, I would probably slap them and then shove them out of the front door.

vess Tue 30-Nov-10 22:47:17

Maybe it's something he experienced when he was a child?

homeboys Wed 01-Dec-10 12:20:33

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: