Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Is it normal to feel guilty about most things?

(3 Posts)
poshsinglemum Mon 29-Nov-10 18:55:09

As a mum I find that I damned if I do and damned if I don't.

For example; dd (2.5) was crying to be let out of the pushchair on a busy main road. So I felt really guilty for not letting her out as she needs to excersise those little leg but I would feel even more guilty if she got run over as she keeps running off.

Aggggrrr- why do we parents feel so guilty all of the time?

wannabeglam Mon 29-Nov-10 19:08:59

I don't. And can't see why you would with above example. There's a time and a place for running around and that wasn't it. Relax.

festivefriedawhingesagain Mon 29-Nov-10 19:35:03

I wouldn't feel guilty about that - more kind of - well I'm sorry you don't like it but tough, I prefer you in one piece so you have to lump itsmile

But generally, yes I think we all do some of the time. I feel guilty going to work, but their dad is caring for them so that is insane, I don't expect DH to feel guilty when he goes to workconfused

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty when I lie to them, but they are only 1 and 3 so some things are beyond explaining at the moment (Eg DD keeps asking if grandma is my Mum, and I say no, it's Daddy's mum, I haven't got a mum - because I don't want to confuse her by saying that my mother is deadsmile )

A lot of situations are no-win IMHO

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: