Talk

Advanced search

Help, I need a big Jessie outfit in 2 weeks time!!

(13 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 18:08:35

Hi, my daughter has a school Christmas party on the 10th Dec. The theme is cow boys and Indian's. hmm Anyway, she wants to go as Jessie the cow girl from Toy story. I've looked everywhere and I can't find an outfit in her size. She's nearly 6, but wears 8 or 9 clothes as she's so tall.

She's really got her heart set on going as Jessie, she's getting really excited. What can I do??? I'm useless at sewing but might be able to persuade my mum?
Even if it's a generous 7-8, it only needs to fit her for one day.

Please let me know if you've seen any outfits in big sizes, or any easy ideas of making one. Thanks. smile

mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 18:45:35

bump

readywithwellies Sun 28-Nov-10 18:52:36

Seen some in Tesco but not sure of sizes. Have you looked there?

LIZS Sun 28-Nov-10 18:53:43

Asda? Otherwise how about improvising - jeans /jeggings, white shirt (you could attach some tassell curtain trimming if you like), red hat . Make chaps out of old white sheet or felt and use a black marker to make splodges.

readywithwellies Sun 28-Nov-10 18:55:15

http://www.ehow.com/how_5578342_make-jessie-costum es-toy-story.html

mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 19:00:13

I haven't looked in the supermarkets. I'll have a look and see.

The Disney store do a nice one but the biggest is 7-8. If it comes up big it might be o.k, but it's out of stock at the moment.

She knows exactly how she wants to look too. She even wants red hair and plaits. She has Auburn hair in a bob. hmm I suppose I could look for a wig?

Good idea about painting on the splodges with a marker. I was thinking about looking for cow print fabric.

readywithwellies Sun 28-Nov-10 19:02:23

My ds had a size 7-8year Buzz outfit in Tesco so they may fit.

JingleBelleDameSansMincepie Sun 28-Nov-10 19:02:46

Try ebay and Amazon. I've been looking at sodding Jessie stuff all day for DD and there are some on both of those sites. I got DD a Jessie outfit (age 3/4) and it's quite big. Not Disney though.

The Disney hat has a long red plait attached...

mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 19:05:18

The Asda site has a gorgous Nr Potato head. grin but no Jessie.

mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 19:06:32

The Disney hat is fab. I'll probubly get that anyway and go from there.

JingleBelleDameSansMincepie Sun 28-Nov-10 19:07:05

Just found this on ebay but you'd need to get in quick, I think!

JingleBelleDameSansMincepie Sun 28-Nov-10 19:10:03

And, there's another one a bit further down if you search for "Jessie fancy dress". "Jessie outfit" didn't bring them up. Good luck!

mummyloveslucy Sun 28-Nov-10 19:25:17

Thanks, I like the second Disney one the best but it's more expensive on e-bay than it is in the shop including the hat.

I'll get my brother to bid for the first outfit as he's a member of e-bay. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now