Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

troublesome lunchtimes....

(3 Posts)
becaroo Thu 25-Nov-10 13:17:29

....my ds2 is 2.3. He has always had a good appetite although his diet is a bit limited.

For the past few weeks I have been really struggling to get him to eat lunch.

For example, today he has had;
B fast; brown bread toasted and butter and 4 x small pots of petit filous.
lunch: 1 shortbread biscuit, a tiny piece of ciabatta with butter on and a few chocolate buttons.

When I ask he says he isnt hungry.

He will have mashed potato (with fish in!) and veg for tea with perhaps ice cream for pudding.

He does not drink cows milk - makes him sick.
He does eat fruit and veg.

Am I being daft????

letsblowthistacostand Thu 25-Nov-10 19:19:45

My dd2 (also 2.3) had some crisps and a banana for lunch. Sounds pretty normal.

I'd limit his petit filous to one though. Maybe replace with a banana or proper yoghurt?

Curlybrunette Thu 25-Nov-10 20:41:36

Hi becaroo,

You must spend a fortune on petit filous! I stopped buying them pretty soon as they are so small aren't they.

Could you miss out the biscuit and chocolate until your ds has eaten his main. He is old enough now to understand "no chocolate until you've eaten 3 more bites" for eg.

If he likes mash and fish, fruit and veg etc. it sounds as if his diet is pretty good, just looks like he's holding out on lunch as he knows he can get treat things (though I realise this could be a one off day).

x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: