Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

stay at home v go back to work

(3 Posts)
just5moreminutes Thu 25-Nov-10 12:32:15

Stay at home is my preference but financially is a no go. Just looked at our finances and it seems going back to work is also financially impossible ( nursery costs are just not cricket).

I would dearly love to work from home making craft stuff and selling online.

How do other mums entertain their dcs whilst working at home?

Any money saving tips?

Any tips for starting a business on shirt buttons??

homeboys Fri 26-Nov-10 13:59:18

Message withdrawn

Dexterrocks Fri 26-Nov-10 14:45:32

I found nursery costs more or less cancelled out what I made at work after dc1 and it became impossible after dc2.
Instead we had to cut back all non essentials massively. It was a struggle but we are still standing! A few years on nursery was free and DH had progressed a bit at work and we can now relax a bit about cash.
I am not sure this has answered your question about occupying kids while you work though.
Some local mums have teamed up and look after each others kids while the other works - it only works if your schedules allow it but it is something to think about.
The other option is to craft in the evening while the children sleep (instead of cleaning, ironing, washing up...I know!)
I hope it all works out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now