Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

strange one - how have i now got patience of a saint when previously on a scale of 1-10 I'd say my paitence was -10!!

(3 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Wed 24-Nov-10 17:08:05

i know this may seem a very strange thing to post but was just wondering if anyone else has experience of an INCREASE in patience since having a child as opposed to a DECREASE.

previous to having my 4 month old ds i had zero patience and tolerance to most things and even for first 2 or 3 months of his life too. for example during the numerous feeds/wakes in the night by the last one id be cursing under my breath at how f***ing ridiculous it all was...etc etc

but now...i seem at peace!! and im not sure why. but now when he's grizzling, being grumpy and i cant do anything with him instead of getting stressed i find myself becoming sympathic towards him...is this normal? or am i truly losing the plot as a lack of sleep deprivation!!

starsareshining Wed 24-Nov-10 17:21:35

I experienced this too. I was incredibly intolerant of everything before I had my son. After a few months I'd just come to the realisation that there was absolutely nothing I could do in some situations, so I should just accept that these things were going to happen. Pretty similar to when I was in labour - I didn't see the point in complaining and shouting because I'd just accepted that the pain was going to return and nothing I did would change that.

I think it's just one of many things I learned when I became a parent. I often look at the behaviour of people who haven't had children and recognise my own behaviour pre-children. I wouldn't ever tell them that because it sounds incredibly smug and patronising, but I really have developed in many ways which my childless friends haven't! Inevitable, really.

SkyBluePearl Wed 24-Nov-10 22:38:35

sounds normal.

how can i explain my decreace in patience towards my MIL since having children though? x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: