Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

snowsuit or fleece for newborn baby in sling?

(11 Posts)
PaulineMole Wed 24-Nov-10 14:32:02

will 4 week dd overheat in a snowsuit+sling? she will, won't she?

...can you tell my last one was summer born grin?

tattyroo Wed 24-Nov-10 14:34:52

yes. I just put mine in a warm jacket and hat - you need lots of layers. Will her feet be dangling out? My DS's are tucked in in my sling, I think you would need some quite warm footwear for her

PaulineMole Wed 24-Nov-10 14:35:03

bump
<eyes the sky nervously>

PaulineMole Wed 24-Nov-10 14:36:26

x posted.
have got a choice of snowsuit, or vest + sleepsuit + fleecy jacket. no footwear.

shall i just take the buggy?

MamaChris Wed 24-Nov-10 14:37:35

I don't use anything except a hat, but wear the sling under my jacket, which just about does up round both of us.

tattyroo Wed 24-Nov-10 14:39:42

you would prob be all right if you put socks on under her sleepsuit - esp if you tuck your jacket round you both

mjinhiding Wed 24-Nov-10 14:41:55

Message withdrawn

PaulineMole Wed 24-Nov-10 14:46:47

right, we're off
thanks guys

PaulineMole Wed 24-Nov-10 16:14:09

thanks for the advice. i think she was ok in the fleece - she certainly wasn't complaining.

Igglybuff Wed 24-Nov-10 16:23:18

We had an all in one fleecy thing for super cold sling days. DS used to go mental in a snowsuit (probably 100% polyester) as he got too hot. He was a fat baby though!

MigGril Thu 25-Nov-10 12:20:55

Currently a Hat, but he's tucked up inside my coat and even with his hat on has sometimes gotten a bit hot. My coat is a very thick and lined fleece. So we're both toasty warm. No feet sticking out eith.

I have got a fleece cover to go over him when he's to big to do up my coat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: